- This event has passed.
EODF Book Club – Complexity Works! Influencing Pattern-Based Change in Teams and Organizations
May 3 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm CESTFree
Join us on May 3rd, as we continue our Book of the Month Club Selections, this time around “Complexity Works!“ by Denise Easton and Lawrence Solow.
In their book, the authors posit the following: In the complexity space, the following principles guide any action:
– Cause and effect may not be directly linked
– Levels of input/cause may not be proportional to output/effect
– There is no “one best way” to achieve desired results
– Systems are acutely sensitive to initial conditions
– Teams and organizations constantly evolve and self-organize
– Complex systems are most effectively and efficiently characterized by their patterns
If you are interested in any of these, wonder about them, think about how to design for them, then join us on May 3rd where we will talk about these and much more. Both Denise and Lawrence will join us! Don’t miss it!